Monday, August 23, 2010

Basement Watchdog 1/3 HP Combination Primary and Backup Sump Pumps w/ Battery and Acid

The Basement Watchdog 1/3 HP combination primary and backup sump pump system is an all in one solution in a box. Like the name states this pumping system has a primary AC pump and a backup battery operated sump pump. If the power goes or your primary pump fails you have a standby backup ready to kick in.

I recently found out just how important a backup sump pump is to a water disposal system. I did not have one set up in my house nor did I realize that there was such a thing. I found out pretty quickly when a  electrical storm knocked the power out at my place and my basement doors decided to leak most of lake Erie into my basement that i needed a battery powered pump just in case.  Anyway, It was a pretty expensive lesson to learn but I learned pretty quickly. 

Stats of the Basement Watchdog 1/3 HP Combination Primary and Backup Sump Pump

  • Primary system pumps 3,200 GPH at 0 ft. lift, 2,200 GPH at 10 ft. lift
  • Backup system pumps 2,000 GPH at 0 ft. lift, 1,000 GPH at 10 ft. lift
  • Both systems have a dual vertical float switch - No mater what sump pump that you pick up you will want it to have a vertical switch.
  • Extensive monitoring system to let you know when the backup starts, battery is low, battery fluid is low, etc.
  • Battery charger for the back up system

I did some research with this little price finder widget that I have on my computer and at the time of this post Amazon has the best deal. Their bundle comes with a battery and battery acid which are normally add ons that you need to purchase separately.You can check out the amazon buy here.  Basement Watchdog 1/3 HP Combination Primary and Backup Sump Pumps w/ Battery and Acid - SPD-DFK-961KIT

  For more information on Watchdog Sump Pumps and the Basement Watchdog Combination Primary and Backup Sump Pump system follow the links.

Other watchdog sump pump resources 

No comments:

Post a Comment