Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bear Grylls Gerber Ultimate Survivor Knife

Just released to the public for pre- orders, the Bear Grylls Gerber Ultimate Survivor knife looks pretty sweet! I  just pre-ordered mine and it will not be released until November 2010. It sounds like a long time but from the buzz I would imagine that this will be a really hot Item for Christmas and I wanted to make sure that I lock mine down! 

Let me tell you a bit about it from the research that I have done.

The Bear Grylls Gerber Knife is a full tang fixed blade with a 4 inch serrated blade and a whole lot of extras. The knife handle is made from an orange and black non slip rubber. it has 3 lanyard holes so that it can be fixed to a spear and  a micro survival whistle attached to the lanyard strap on the back of the handle. The butt of the knife doubles as a pummel with a steel textured surface similar to the texture of a carpenters hammer. I  like this feature a lot better than the Gerber prodigy with the pointed butt. It is more functional for the everyday, non-knife-fighting type.

The sheath is also as impressive. It is a kydex blade holder that also has a spot for the provided fire stick or what I refer to as a metal match. The back of the sheath has a blade sharpener and finally it also has a mini survival manual that tucks into the back of the sheath as well.

Overall this is a pretty mean looking knife. I think that they could have chosen better colors, I am not a big fan of the orange, but I can see where the oranges is pretty functional. 

If you are interested in more pictures, a full review, or if you want to pre-order the knife you can visit Bear Grylls Gerber Knif

No comments:

Post a Comment