Sunday, August 22, 2010

Watchdog Sump Pumps - A Few Things That You Should know.

After being persuaded into the backup sump market by a flooded basement, I took quite a bit of time to do some research so that I could buy once and buy right. I ended up with a Watchdog Sump Pump, and have outlined some of the reasons that I choose Watchdog as my backup system.

Pumping Power

First off, the Watchdog sump pump that I purchased ( 2000 GPH ) had one of the highest pumping to energy use ratio. That means that this pump will displace more water from my basement with less energy usage. Because Watchdog only uses the best and most efficient components, their backup sump pumps will last about 7 hours with continuous pumping on one battery charge. If the pump is only displacing water intermitantly, the battery will last for about 48 hours without any power. 

Monitoring Features

Another deciding factor on the watchdog battery back up sump pump was the extensive monitoring system that comes with the pump. The system will sound an alarm if the battery is low, if the pump is clogged or if the float is stuck or fails to trigger the machine. The monitors that come with the watchdog sump pump give you some peace of mind when the power goes out. 

For a full review on the Watchdog battery backup sump pump check out this review. Watchdog Sump Pump Review

No comments:

Post a Comment